ADSM-L

Re: Anyone else having server database contention problems?

1998-06-05 10:43:28
Subject: Re: Anyone else having server database contention problems?
From: "Kerssen, Larry" <Larry.Kerssen AT METROKC DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 07:43:28 -0700
Hi Jim....we currently are using ADSM V3.1 to backup an imaging system,
similar to yours (with scanned images... i believe tiff's or gif's).  These
are also on a AIX 4.2.2.  We currently have 100gig capacity.. about 70 gig
used, with 2 million + images.    Each of the 11 filespaces are about
8.8gig.   This sytem may likely grow to 1 tera of storage in the future, or
even worse, may be converted to a database, like Oracle  (heaven forbid).
This is a new application that I'm backing up so I haven't done any network,
TCPIP, or ADSM server tuning yet for it, but currently are getting about
1gig per hour on backups.  We soon will have an OSA connection between the
MVS CMOS machine and the R/S 6000 machine, to bypass the network backups.
Have you done any tuning of TCPIP or your network that you think would be
helpful for me?