ADSM-L

Re: Anyone else having server database contention problems?

1998-06-05 11:22:55
Subject: Re: Anyone else having server database contention problems?
From: "Fluker, Tom R" <Tom.Fluker AT VIASYSTEMS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 11:22:55 -0400
My server is 2.1.5.18 running on an RS-6000 (SSA disks).  I, too, have
millions of objects in my ADSM database.  When complaining about
performance on queries or restores that use wildcards, I'm told that I
should spread my database over multiple physical disks.  Supposedly ADSM
will perform parallel queries.  I'm willing to restructure my database
if this will make a significant improvement but I can't seem to get
confirmation.

The single biggest caveat to this notion is that ADSM apparently doesn't
"spread" the database evenly over the multiple disks as it grows.  Is
there a way that this can be forced?

Tom Fluker
Viasystems Technologies