ADSM-L

Re: Anyone else having server database contention problems?

1998-06-04 21:19:03
Subject: Re: Anyone else having server database contention problems?
From: Carl Makin <Carl.Makin AT IPAUSTRALIA.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 11:19:03 +1000
> Author: Bill Quintrell <Bill_Quintrell AT PROVIDENTCOMPANIES DOT COM>

> Not to start a contest (our record is 52 hours for one incremental
backup),
> what are some of the larger ADSM server databases - i.e. number of
objects
> managed?

I killed one of our backups after 4 days, it had done around 60% of 400Gb
containing 9.5 Million 40Kb(average) TIFF images in 53 filesystems on one
big RAID box. (Aix 4.2.1, ADSM 3)

I'm going to try the multiple backups together script idea posted earlier
see if I can speed it up.  We currently estimate that it would take 2 weeks
to restore the box from scratch. :(

That ADSM server manages backups for 142 filesystems on Aix, Solaris,
FreeBSD, NT and Win95 totalling 853Gb raw data (and increasing).

Carl.