nv-l

RE: [nv-l] NV 713 - Solaris : Paging and Mailing help required.

2003-01-13 14:34:02
Subject: RE: [nv-l] NV 713 - Solaris : Paging and Mailing help required.
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr AT csgsystems DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:34:02 -0600
In Solaris you have to remove the modem answer-the-phone service that comes set up automatically (admintool -> browse -> serial ports -> edit -> delete (choose com port you want)

You must edit the nv.carriers file and you may need to edit nvpager.config. The nvpager.config file points to newhayes.modem which you will want to customize or replicate for your modem)

Paging is accomplished by using a ruleset to execute nvpage (or a script to the same). I used mailx to send email messages also call from the same ruleset (or script). nvpager.config has the device name for the modem (in my case the oh-so-obvious serial port A known as cua/a.)

Hope that helps.