Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Appliance Vs Data Domain

2014-11-17 12:08:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Appliance Vs Data Domain
From: Christopher Costa <ccosta.ccc AT gmail DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 12:08:19 -0500
The 5220 appliance RAID card was powered by a battery and the battery went bad on them sometimes. Since the 5230 the RAID card is capacity and we have had zero problems since then. The 5230 with the 2.6.0.2 code can scale up to 148TB now, the 5330 will scale up to 450TB by summer.

On Monday, November 17, 2014, saiyed123 <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
I appreciate all the posts and opinions, i welcome some more as the information is valuable in making the decision, i am bit concerned about performance and reliability ( as mentioned by Scott) so hopefully more Appliance users can validate this issue.
I do feel Scott's issue may be 5220 appliance and with 5330's added capacity/performance it should get better as also noted by 5230 user.