Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LotusNotes backup strategy

2007-10-16 10:30:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LotusNotes backup strategy
From: Karl.Rossing AT federated DOT ca
To: Jon Bousselot <jon_bousselot AT sd.vrtx DOT com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:10:41 -0500

We have several Domino servers and have been able to utilise point in time restores.

Our win2k3 mail server backs up 350GB at 10-12MB/sec using the notes agent. Doing an off-line backup we are able to do 25-30MB/Sec

We are hoping to move our mail server in the new year back to Solaris. We hopefully should see 25-30MB/sec backup times.

We still do nightly FULLS and have touched lightly on daily notes transaction only backups. They seem to work fine.

Our notes admin will be implementing a notes archive server before year end. The hope is that our daily mail backup volume will decrease and that we can move data to the archive server on a quarterly basis. The archive server will be backed up quarterly while the email server will be backed up daily. I don't think we will be using veritas Vault.

Karl