Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore fails

2007-10-16 08:26:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore fails
From: "Akker Henk van den" <H.vandenAkker AT wml DOT nl>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:58:35 +0200

Hi Guru’s

Question: I try to do a restore when I list (preview) the necessary tapes I get two volumes.

Listing them gives at the first volume only data from an other point in time.

I have a good idea why this tape is overwritten L L but that is not relevant for my problem.

But the second tape lists the correct data. Because the data is at the end of that good tape and the timestamps are sequential across that tape.

I expect all the information to be available.  But I do not have a clue how to get it restored again.

Please advise

Met vriendelijke groet/Kind regards,

WML

Henk van den Akker

Senior beheerder infrastructuur

InformatieTechnologie & Telecommunicatie

Tel     :  +31 43 8808756

Mob    :  +31 6 54913553

Fax:    :  +31 43 8808005