Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LotusNotes backup strategy

2007-10-05 14:15:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LotusNotes backup strategy
From: Steve Quan <sq01 AT yorku DOT ca>
To: Boris Kraizman <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 13:39:23 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Boris,

We did transaction log bkups until recently, as we were never able to get
our "point in time" recoveries to work. I suspect that it's because of the
length of time it takes to do the database backup (couple of days for just
over 1TB over the LAN). We also multi-streamed the transaction and
database backups to ensure that the transaction log file(s) would be
reinitialized.

I'm still VERY interested in seeing how other sites are doing their Notes
backups/restores.

/Steve
---