Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2003, NBU 6.0MP3, VTL, Media Mount Timeout

2006-09-22 05:33:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2003, NBU 6.0MP3, VTL, Media Mount Timeout
From: Philip.Weber at egg.com (Weber, Philip)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:33:32 +0100
My understanding of CentricStor is that NetBackup only knows about
CentricStor's virtual tape devices.  CentricStor offlines virtual tapes to
physical tape as and when the virtual tapes become full, and NetBackup knows
nothing about where the data is on physical tapes.

Interested, because we're looking at CentricStor.

What happens with the tape mount timeout?  Does the restore request go into a
"waiting for operator to load tape" state and have to be manually resubmitted
once the VTL has finished pulling the data back?

Phil