Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2003, NBU 6.0MP3, VTL, Media Mount Timeout

2006-09-22 06:39:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2003, NBU 6.0MP3, VTL, Media Mount Timeout
From: mirko_nbu at mac.com (mirko_nbu AT mac DOT com)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:39:33 +0200
Philip,

your understanding of CentricStor is right, it does all the stage and de-stage
stuff for itself. Regarding the timeout: We get a tpError after magically 6
(?!) minutes, regardless of the "media mount timeout" setting... I wonder where
this 6 minutes come from! The tpError leads to one tape drive beeing downed,
the mount request is transfered to a different drive where the mount normally
succeeds, because all the content has been staged in by the CentricStor...

I wonder if this special timeout is really a NetBackup timeout or maybe a
Windows timeout somewhere!?

Regards,

Mirko