Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem with linux client/netbackup 4.5 MP6

2005-07-13 12:39:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem with linux client/netbackup 4.5 MP6
From: kastus AT epocrates DOT com (Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:39:52 -0700
On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:49:38AM -0500, Tim Hoke wrote:
> You'll need to perform the upgrade to FP6.  (Or go to 5.x)

Wrong advise. There is no way to upgrade from MP to FP.

> -Tim
>
> On Jul 13, 2005, at 8:29 AM, Duffy, Laura wrote:
>

> >We have locally installed a linux client with  NetBackup-RedHat2.4
> >4.5MP6 and are getting the following error when doing a telnet to the
> >client on port 13782
> >
> >- Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno or h_errno directly

Include the following line in /etc/xinetd.d/bpcd (and all other Netbackup
services in xinetd if you use them)

env = LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

and reload xinetd after that, of course.

Works with no problems on RedHat 3.0, SUSE 8.1-9.3

--
Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka
Unix System Administrator