Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Restore & duplicates

2001-03-28 10:34:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Restore & duplicates
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 07:34:49 -0800 (PST)
In my experience, bpduplicate has a lower priority than
restore requests which have a lower priority than
backup requests.

while it didn't really 'pause', once it completed the
duplication stream, it fell back in the priority queue
behind restore before the next duplication stream
kicked off.

At least this has been my experience.

David
David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
---------------------------------------
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting

Quoting David Turner <Dturner AT manh DOT com>:

> Yesterday I had to restore a mailbox however the
duplicates were running.
> Because this was a urgent restore I selected the
appropriate files & qeued
> the restore job. After the restore, started I realize
the duplicates were
> still running. I am not sure but, I think the system
gave priority to the
> restore job, pausing the duplicates, & then resuming
the duplicates after
> the restore was done. Does this sound logical as I am
very new to the
> netbackup scene. Can someone shed some light on this
issue? I am running