Networker

[Networker] reading, moving forward # file(s)

2009-08-20 12:53:29
Subject: [Networker] reading, moving forward # file(s)
From: jasondre <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:48:55 -0400
More weirdness.  I think there might be something wrong with my Dell PowerVault
124T Autoloader.  It is just not acting right.  Here are some of the weird
actions the Autoloader is doing.

1. It will constantly switch between change it's status under Libraries from
"ready" to not "ready", as indicated by a little green check mark.  Is that
normal behavior?

2. When I insert a tape, it will say the Volume is <unlabeled> when I know that
it is labeled.  If I then do an inventory on the tape, it will figure out the
correct Volume.  However, if I insert a second tape, the tape that was just
inventoried will change to <unlabeled> along with the new tape.  Now both tapes
say the Volume is <unlabeled>

What the heck?