Networker

Re: [Networker] The volid on tape and the one in media base is not the same!

2008-05-27 09:26:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] The volid on tape and the one in media base is not the same!
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 08:23:19 -0500
Hello,
You may want to look at previous post on persistence binding etc to get
detail on how to correct tapes from re-sequencing.
Generally, you should use persistence binding with your  HBA ( Details can
be found with previous posts).Newer Tape drivers allow you to use
persistence naming scheme ( Depending on your host OS , the process can
differ).Check driver release notes.
You may find it easier to implement this schemes and redo your jbconfig
etc & then you will have more stable environment.
HTH

Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
05/25/2008 04:56 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] The volid on tape and the one in media base is not the
same!

The way I do that is to have NetWorker mount a tape in a drive and then
go look on the system to see if it got mounted in the correct drive.

I know which drive it should be, and use the mt command to check if it
is in that drive.  If it isn't, then I can either go look at the drives
to see where the tape did wind up, or I can run mt commands against the
rest of the drives until I find the one that has a tape that shouldn't
(This is always easier if NetWorker isn't playing with the jukebox at
the same time).

Frank

On 5/25/08 3:03 AM, ramo wrote:
> thx Peter;
> but how to check that my tape devices are setup in the wrong order or
not ?

> |This was sent by bob_omar_31 AT yahoo DOT com via Backup Central.

type