Networker

Re: [Networker] The volid on tape and the one in media base is not the same!

2008-05-27 14:27:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] The volid on tape and the one in media base is not the same!
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 14:24:34 -0400
On May 27, 2008, at 2:16 PM, Oscar Olsson wrote:

Ps. Why did Sony even bother releasing SAIT-2?
Three times the media cost as LTO-4 and not even
half the throughput.. And considering the piss-poor
track record of SAIT-1... :P

Oscar;

I am wondering the same thing. Does NetWorker even support S-AIT2? As far as I can tell, the answer is no. We have a PetaSite here and S- AIT1 serves us fairly well (occasional hiccups), but our PetaSite has been rock solid. We'll probably bit the bullet and upgrade it to LTO-4 next year.