Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup - Log / Checklist

2007-03-25 04:21:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup - Log / Checklist
From: Bradley Todd <bradleyt AT DISCOVERY.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 04:20:11 -0400
Hi Patrick,

I haven't gone through all the replies to your post but I would also suggest
a "third party" product by EMC called EMC Backup Advisor (EBA).  This not
only keeps a history of successful and unsuccessful backups but has all the
nice graphs and red and green tabs that would keep your management and
auditors very happy.  I agree you could script all of this but why re-invent
the wheel...?

EBA can also report on bottle necks in your configuration, expected media
requirements, etc. so to sell this to your management would be easy as you
could use it regularly in your day to day admin of the environment...

If they don't want to fall for this then you could also accomplish some of
this with the NetWorker Console.  As you might know this is free with 7.3.x
but it is very limited in it's offering vs. EBA.

Regards,

Bradley