Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup - Log / Checklist

2007-03-25 14:58:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup - Log / Checklist
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 14:50:49 -0400
EBA suffers from the problem of "believing NetWorker".  So, if NetWorker
gives, as a summary, that a backup was successful, then EBA reports the
backup as successful.  For file size changes, this may not be what you
want.

It also made we wonder about another situation.  When we first
implemented Exchange backups (3-4 years ago), there was a bug with the
Exchange module that, within the completion text, reported an error with
the backup.  The summary for the client, however, reported the backup as
successful.  In this case, the message in the completion text was
accurate - the backup was NOT successful.  So, would EBA see this as a
success?  I hope not, but based on conversations with EMC when
evaluating EBA this fall, I suspect that EBA would report a success.

-Teresa