Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup - Log / Checklist

2007-03-24 18:11:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup - Log / Checklist
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 17:01:24 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Backup - Log / Checklist, Teresa Biehler said...:

We looked at packaged products.  At the time we looked at them, the
status displayed for each client was the status that NetWorker reports.
So, if for example, files change during the backup, NetWorker still
reports this as successful.  Well, if files changing size during backups
is truly a failure/indication of a problem (if, for example, an
application needs to be down for a consistent state of all application
files), then this should be flagged by the tool as a problem.  Our
in-house script does this sort of parsing on the completion text.  It
also allows us to follow-up on new, unexpected messages from NetWorker.

Your script sounds useful!

Here's our problem, though.  It's my understanding that in v7.3.x,
nsradmin goes away (if this is wrong, someone please let me know!).

As others have reported, it does not:

$which nsradmin
nsradmin is /usr/sbin/nsradmin
$rpm -q -f /usr/sbin/nsradmin
lgtoclnt-nw_7_3_2_jumbo-1

What goes away at 7.3.x is the older networker/nwadmin GUI.  It's replaced
by a Java-based GUI.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)