Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC/Legato-NetWorker vs Veritas-NetBackup

2005-08-15 03:27:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC/Legato-NetWorker vs Veritas-NetBackup
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:23:46 +0200
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Siobhan Ellis wrote:

SE> I agree with this. In the end, it will come down to potential piece of
SE> functionality that you want. Interestingly enough, Veritas often
SE> steals customers away from legato by just giving them the software -
SE> or as near damnit!

OK, so NetBackup and Networker both suck. :) How about TSM then? In
particular, platform support, sharing of media between storage nodes,
price, support, and NDMP support (ie no dedicated drive or extra software
or any of that crap). I know this has been brought up before, and might
seem a bit off-topic but I think many of us are interested to know, since
its not easy to find a fairly non-biased opinion on this topic.

//Oscar