Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] LZO compression on Windows Client

2017-02-17 04:19:59
Subject: [Bacula-users] LZO compression on Windows Client
From: Norbert Gomes <norbert.gomes AT univ-orleans DOT fr>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 10:18:51 +0100
Hi list !

GZIP compression is quite slow on our Windows clients (5.2.10), it
increases a lot the duration of theses backups. The speed of the network
transfer is at: 20 MB/s with GZIP and 100 MB/s without compression

I read that LZO would be faster, but when I enable it (compression="LZO"
in the FileSet Include Options), no compression is applied

I'm using the binary on
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bacula/files/Win32_64/5.2.10/

Is LZO enabled on these program ?

And also, have you got some ideas to speed up my backups using
compression (GZIP1 or GZIP6 gives the same level of performance) ?

Regards

Norbert

--
Norbert GOMES