Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LZO compression on Windows Client

2017-02-18 17:36:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LZO compression on Windows Client
From: compdoc <compdoc AT hotrodpc DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:01:41 -0700
On 02/17/2017 10:18 AM, Norbert Gomes wrote:

> I read that LZO would be faster, but when I enable it (compression="LZO"
> in the FileSet Include Options), no compression is applied

I use LZO to backup my jpeg images, that are stored on SSDs. I used to
use gzip2 for speed, and in the hopes it wouldn't damage the images as
much as higher levels of compression might.

Now, I hope LZO doesnt damage them, and I consider restoring them from
backup is not ideal, but better than not having them.

Would it be better to create a job that uses no compression for .jpg files?

Currently:

FileSet {
     Enable VSS = yes
     Include {