Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrade from 5.2.13 to 7.XX

2017-02-15 10:02:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrade from 5.2.13 to 7.XX
From: Steven Hammond <bcf1689 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 09:01:53 -0600
Kern,

Thanks for the input.  One of the reasons for thinking of starting fresh
was we were considering redoing our current backup scenario.  We
currently swap out tapes daily, weekly, and monthly (e.g., incremental -
M-H, differential - 2-4th Friday, full - 1st Friday).  I was considering
getting rid of the M-H tapes and just using tapes as needed (our FULL
backups are less than 1TB and the daily tapes use only a small fraction
of the LTO-5 tapes).  We are also looking at using the new feature in 7
to copy to an offsite SD since we work in a chemical plant and if the
main plant were to go up in smoke, there would be nothing but a crater
(ha).  Thanks again for a great product.

Steven Hammond