Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Full job copied to a secondary location where it was marked as incremental

2017-02-17 10:37:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] Full job copied to a secondary location where it was marked as incremental
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 16:36:23 +0100
Hi everyone!

I have observed something related to copying jobs I found strange
and I would like to hear what other people have to say about it.

I have recycled one volume containing a full backup of some job.
After that I have manually run that job and bacula automatically
promoted a job from incremental to full job because there were no
previous full jobs available and the job finished successfully.

After that I have run copy job using SQLQuery selection type and
the selection pattern I am using correctly found the latest full
backup of the job in question.

The copy of the job run successfully and everything is fine with
the entries in the database. The copy of the job is going to the
secondary location and naturally there is additional bunch of
volumes (actually files since I am using file storage).

However, few weeks later I have used bls tool on the volumes in
the secondary location (place where copied jobs go) and I have
found that unlike the original job in the volume on the primary
backup location, the volume in the secondary backup location showed
an entry which indicated that the copied job was incremental instead
of full.

Database entries are fine as well as the bls list of the volume
from the primary backup location.

Is there a theory that could explain why is the copy of the full
backup job copied to the secondary location marked as incremental
copy inside the volume while the original job is marked as full in
the volume on the primary backup location as well as in the database?

Normally this job in the volume on the secondary location should
be marked as full as it is the case with other such jobs.

Regards

--
Josip Deanovic