Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 7.2 mysql issue?

2015-10-03 03:04:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 7.2 mysql issue?
From: Eric Bollengier <eric.bollengier AT baculasystems DOT com>
To: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 09:02:29 +0200
Hello Stephen,

On 10/03/2015 12:00 AM, Stephen Thompson wrote:

> All,
>
> I believe I'm having mysql database issues since upgrading to 7.2 (from
> 7.0.2).  I run mysql innodb with 900Gb database that's largely the File
> table.

For large catalog, we usually advise to use PostgreSQL where we have
multi-terabytes databases in production.

> Since upgrading, I lose a few jobs a night due to database locking
> timeouts, which I have set to 3600.  I also log slow queries.

Can you get some information about these locks? On which table? Can you
give some statistics on your catalog like the size and the number of
records of the File, Filename and Path table? Would be nice also if you
can give the number of Filename per Client (from the job table).

You might have many orphan Filenames, and MySQL is not always very good
to join large tables (it uses nested loops, and cannot use the index on
the Text column in all queries).

> It appears that typically during a months I have about 90-100 queries
> that take longer than 15 minutes to run.  Already this month (upgraded
> earlier this week), I have 32 queries that take longer than 15 minutes.
>   At this rate (after 2 days) that will up my regular average of 90-100
> to 480!
>
> Something is wrong and the coincidence is pretty strong that it's
> related to the upgrade.

Maybe, but I'm not sure, we did not change a lot of thing in this area,
we did mostly refactoring.

Best Regards,
Eric