Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Moving from serial jobs to parallel jobs.

2015-05-04 04:19:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Moving from serial jobs to parallel jobs.
From: Luc Van der Veken <lucvdv AT wimionline DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 08:14:17 +0000
This approach can help too: besides doing them in parallel (limited to 5
concurrent jobs because ultimately it all winds up on the same disks), I also
divided them into 4 groups.
From the 1st to 4th Friday night each month, a full backup is done of one group
and differential of the other three. If there's a fifth Friday, it's
differential for all.

I am using only one pool and device for all, just raised 'Maximum Concurrent
Jobs' above 1.
That causes interleaving, but on disk that should be no problem.

Retention is the same for all clients and jobs in my case. If that is not so
for you, you may better go for multiple pools/devices.