Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Moving from serial jobs to parallel jobs.

2015-05-03 13:17:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Moving from serial jobs to parallel jobs.
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 12:15:17 -0500
On 2015-05-03 08:42, Dan Langille wrote:

> I've heard different approaches, but I think a different device for
each client sounds best. All the same pools, but on different devices.
Which also means different directories. Should be fun.

Right side of the pond, a terabyte ssd can be had for $350. You can buy
several plus the server to put them in for the price of one lto-6 drive.
If you spool on it, you should be limited by your network bandwidth
basically. The question then is how fast you can despool to your storage
device(s). (It should write flat out while the rest of the clients are
spooling.)

Dimitri