Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] using different fileset for Base job

2015-04-24 09:45:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] using different fileset for Base job
From: Eric Bollengier <eric.bollengier AT baculasystems DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 15:43:52 +0200
Hello,

On 24/04/2015 15:23, Silver Salonen wrote:
> On 04/24/2015 01:13 PM, Eric Bollengier wrote:
>> On 24/04/2015 11:43, Silver Salonen wrote:
>>> I did test it with 7.0.5 at latest. This "restriction" is actually that
>>> the restore does not include the files from Base job although it should.
>>> It also seems that somewhere the information is there because otherwise
>>> it wouldn't even try to restore those files.
>> Can you be more specific? With a good catalog when you restore a job,
>> files from a BaseJob are not restored? Or when you select the Base job
>> with the restore menu you can't restore files?
>>

> In my case the files were removed from catalog first (because of the low
> File Retention period) and then I restored them by bscanning both Full
> and Base backups.

OK, so like I said, the current code doesn't support such scenario, with
a recent version, you should be able to combine both jobs in a single
restore session, choose your files and restore them, you will have all
files, but you might restore too much files from the BaseJob.

I will add a note in the manual on Base jobs and bscan.

Best Regards,
Eric

--
Need professional help and support for Bacula ?
Visit http://www.baculasystems.com