Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] using different fileset for Base job

2015-04-22 10:01:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] using different fileset for Base job
From: Silver Salonen <silver.salonen AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 16:55:50 +0300
On 04/21/2015 03:27 PM, Eric Bollengier wrote:
> Hello Silver,
>
> On 21/04/2015 10:29, Silver Salonen wrote:
>> I think there is something else wrong with my backups here. We now have
>> 7.0.5, but Base job is still not selected when starting restore. Maybe
>> we're missing DB entries here or... ?
>>
>> === Restore steps: ===
>>   - Enter a list of files to restore before a specified time: 2015-02-09
>> 00:00:00
>>   - Select the Client: myclient1
>>   - Select FileSet resource: myclient1-files1
>>
>> +--------+-------+----------+-------------+---------------------+-------------------------+
>> | JobId  | Level | JobFiles | JobBytes    | StartTime           |
>> VolumeName              |
>> +--------+-------+----------+-------------+---------------------+-------------------------+
>> | 56,528 | F     |  156,876 | 266,495,509 | 2015-02-06 01:00:03 |
>> myclient1-full-6m-1274 |
>> +--------+-------+----------+-------------+---------------------+-------------------------+
>> You have selected the following JobId: 56528
>>
>> Building directory tree for JobId(s) 56528 ...
>>
>> For one or more of the JobIds selected, no files were found,
>> so file selection is not possible.
>> Most likely your retention policy pruned the files.
>>
>> Do you want to restore all the files? (yes|no):
> I think that as it's written, your retention policy (or the default one
> "60 days")
> pruned your file records for this job, including records from the BaseJob.
>
> A "llist jobid=56528" should show you the PrugedFiles value, and it
> looks to be 1 for this job.
>
> Here, you might want to use bscan to recover your files, but I'm not
> sure how you can recover BaseFiles information easily. It might be more
> easy to load a backup of your catalog in an other database and get back
> data from File and BaseFiles tables.
>

> Best Regards,
> Eric

Indeed, I now confirmed that:
  - I could browse for files for restore after bscanning the Full backup
volume
  - even though I bscanned also Base backup volume these files could not
be restored (still getting "Error: file_create.c:382 Unknown file type
24; not restored:")

So it seems that for these pools that Base job volumes end up residing
in, the File Retention parameters needs to be set to "forever".

It's a bit strange that restores don't consider Base jobs in this case.
Is it because something gets deleted from catalog in a way that it is
not recovered by bscan?

--
Silver