Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] using different fileset for Base job

2015-04-15 12:35:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] using different fileset for Base job
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Silver Salonen <silver.salonen AT gmail DOT com>, Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:33:37 +0200
Hello,

Though Base jobs can use the same FileSet as normal backup jobs, I would
suggest that it should as good practice use a different FileSet that is
in fact a subset of the normal jobs containing only files that you
expect not to change very often -- that is the concept. If they base of
a normal backup is a large body of files (e.g. the OS) that do not
change very often, then those files will not be backed up on every Full
(with Base turned on).

The Base job can backup anything (e.g. Linux and Windows).  Typically, I
would expect better results if you have different Base FileSets for each
major system type and/or version.

Best regards,
Kern