Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to do Cross Replication Site1<=>Site2 (DR)

2014-11-26 14:34:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to do Cross Replication Site1<=>Site2 (DR)
From: Pr0sper0 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 11:28:10 -0800
I see your point Egoltz, no matter what i think, all the options in my mind
always reach a dead end. The only option i'm thinking now is to have
Active/Inactive Director (like failover) through internet, that way i'll have
all the catalog issue solved, then i can replicate the volumes like normal
files using OS tools. The only question that i have with this solution is:

Example:

Site1
Dir 1: 192.168.1.1 (ACTIVE)
SD 1: 192.168.1.2
FD 1: 192.168.1.3

INTERNET

Site2
Dir 2: 192.168.2.1 (inactive)
SD 2: 192.168.2.2
FD 2: 192.168.2.3

I say to FD1 to backup on SD1, that's perfectly fine since is LAN, but then i
say FD2 to backup on SD2 now how to configure the SD2 on DIR1 in order to
disallow the backup to pass through the internet.

I'm imaging this configuration:

Dir 1

Storage {
 Name = SD1