Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to do Cross Replication Site1<=>Site2 (DR)

2014-11-26 12:43:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to do Cross Replication Site1<=>Site2 (DR)
From: Egoitz Aurrekoetxea <egoitz AT ramattack DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 18:24:30 +0100
Good afternoon,

Will a standard replication work for this purpose?. I explain, this way of
course you will be able to have a replicated database state. But what you
really need isn't the snapshot of
both members, database and storage daemon at the same moment in a concrete
instant ?.

Imagine you have a database server and a dir-sd different server connected to a
disk array for example. Imagine that dir-sd machine goes down while Mysql is
running a huge query for
entering something in database. That query finishes fine and the info is
replicated, but the sd-dir has gone down 20 minutes ago!!

Would be ok really, just to have replicated that way?. You will have database
fine, but perhaps the disk (virtual types) from file storage are not the way
“the well database describes”.

Would really this would be valid as HA?

Best regards,