Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to do Cross Replication Site1<=>Site2 (DR)

2014-11-26 12:35:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to do Cross Replication Site1<=>Site2 (DR)
From: Pr0sper0 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:32:48 -0800
Guys,

First let me thank you all for your responses, i really appreciate them. As
Joe, i think the problem here are the bacula jobids, ¿ is there any way to say
bacula to start from (let say) job id 9000000 ? i think that's an easy way to
fix all the problem as i will be able to replicate both databases and have (and
this is what is most important)  a concistent way to restore site1 FROM site2
or viceversa.

Answering Danixu86's question, Yes , both directors will do their respective
backups on their respective storages in order to let all the FDs in SITE2 to
backup through the LAN to SD2 and same situation in SITE1 (to not pass anything
through internet)... I may be commiting a mistake here, probably a
missunderstanding, please let me know if i'm saying something stupid on this
last one . [Rolling Eyes]  :D .

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts !