Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to do Cross Replication Site1<=>Site2 (DR)

2014-11-26 16:26:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to do Cross Replication Site1<=>Site2 (DR)
From: Thomas Lohman <thomasl AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 16:07:55 -0500
> First let me thank you all for your responses, i really appreciate
> them. As Joe, i think the problem here are the bacula jobids, ¿ is
> there any way to say bacula to start from (let say) job id 9000000 ?
> i think that's an easy way to fix all the problem as i will be able

I am not familiar enough with mysql and it's workings but with postgres,
the jobid column in the job table is defined as a sequence -
job_jobid_seq.  When this is first created it can be seeded with
whatever starting value that you wish.

e.g.

\d job_jobid_seq
         Sequence "public.job_jobid_seq"
     Column     |  Type   |        Value
---------------+---------+---------------------
  sequence_name | name    | job_jobid_seq
  last_value    | bigint  | 328864
  start_value   | bigint  | 1
  increment_by  | bigint  | 1
  max_value     | bigint  | 9223372036854775807
  min_value     | bigint  | 1
  cache_value   | bigint  | 1
  log_cnt       | bigint  | 31
  is_cycled     | boolean | f
  is_called     | boolean | t

So, you could have one server start at 1 and another start at some
number that you know the first server will never reach (assuming you
want them to have unique job id sets forever).

hope this helps,

--tom