Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Load slots timeout

2014-11-10 10:26:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Load slots timeout
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Andrey Chebotarev <a AT 525 DOT su>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 10:24:02 -0500
On Nov 10, 2014, at 7:45 AM, Andrey Chebotarev <a AT 525 DOT su> wrote:

> Ok, may be there is another solution.
> Let's put everything in one place:
> I have very long jobs, which spend 30-40 cartridges per one.
> I have library which have to be configured with auto cleaning.
> During running job after several cartridges filled, say 10, library wants to
> clean tape and does it automatically. Cleaning takes more than 5 minutes.
> Meanwhile bacula is trying to load new cartridges and after 5 minutes fails.
> What is the best solution of my issue?

I’m sorry this took so long to get you any help.

The above information, and the logs you provided in another post, should have
been included with your initial post.  Context is everything.

Given the evidence presented, everyone correctly concluded you were having
trouble with initial configuration.  That was not the case.

> I've modified and recompiled, waiting for result till next drive cleaning...
>
>> Probably that's it:
>>
>> stored/stored_conf.c:
>>
>>    {"maximumchangerwait",    store_time,   ITEM(res_dev.max_changer_wait),
>> 0, ITEM_DEFAULT, 5 * 60},

If this helps, I think it should/could become a configurable item, available in
bacula-dir.conf.

I also wonder what other installations do for cleaning in similar circumstances.

—
Dan Langille