Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Load slots timeout

2014-11-10 01:17:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Load slots timeout
From: Jesper Krogh <jesper AT krogh DOT cc>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 06:54:03 +0100
> On 09/11/2014, at 17.14, Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org> wrote:
>
> Five minutes to load a tape is way too long for something which succeeds.  My
> hypothesis: there is a problem with the process.

Yes and no

If the tape has been closed properly then Yes, if it hasnt the first thing the
drive is going to do is to pass over the entire tape to get the end-marker
position out of the tape which can take way more than 5 minutes and really isnt
an error state.

And to my knowledge there is no way to detect it other than to wait

Jesper