Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with installing bacula systemd unit files

2014-11-07 08:02:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with installing bacula systemd unit files
From: Can Şirin <sirincan AT itu.edu DOT tr>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 14:57:42 +0200
Quoting Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>:

> Hello,
>
> Yes, you are correct, currently there is no Makefile command to install
> the systemd files.  I like your idea of adding a new configure option.
> I would probably prefer "with-systemd-dir=" which corresponds to how the
> other directories work, then define a default and as you say just add a
> new Makefile target -- probably  "make install-systemd".

Actually, this is not my idea. Systemd support has already been added
to configure script. So I just wanted to use it.

[root@bacula bacula-7.0.5]# ./configure --help | grep systemd
   --with-systemd[=UNITDIR]
                           Include systemd support. UNITDIR is where systemd
[root@bacula bacula-7.0.5]#

> It sounds like a nice little project that is needed and not too hard to
> implement.
>
> Have you done any of the work to accomplish this, or are you asking me
> or someone else to do it?

I haven't done anything. Because there are generic systemd files under
the source code directory tree whose path is exactly
bacula-7.0.5/platforms/systemd/
I can copy them from this path manually.
So, for now, I am going on with the SysV init scrit until you implement it.

Kind regards.
Can