Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with installing bacula systemd unit files

2014-11-07 05:03:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with installing bacula systemd unit files
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 11:00:24 +0100
Sorry, I forgot to reply to all. Mail re-attached:

Hi Kern,

On 7 November 2014 10:51, Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com> wrote:
Would it be worth while to include your enhanced systemd files in the Bacula source release for those users who either want to build themselves or who want a more advanced template?

If so, could you please send me your files?  I am a bit lazy to download and extract them :-)

Files are here [1], but maybe it's better if I send you patches with the RHEL/Fedora specifics removed. I don't think they fit everywhere.

There are the *.service, *.init and *.sysconfig files. Systemd unit files are more generic, but while SysV init scripts (RHEL 5/6 are more specific and return codes on the various actions based on specific RHEL packaging guidelines [2] .Both source /etc/sysconfig/* files, so this migh be as well distributions specific.

Will send some patches to bugs.bacula.org when I have a moment.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/