Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Baculum probelm with bconsole

2014-06-12 04:13:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Baculum probelm with bconsole
From: "Roberts, Ben" <Ben.Roberts AT gsacapital DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 09:09:57 +0100
> Has nobody had this problem?
> Or did anyone succeed in compiling baculum on Centos 6.5?
> If so I would like to know what I am missing to get this running.

I had a similar problem with webacula. By default my bconsole binary had
something like 744 permissions so only root (the owner) could execute it. You
may need to tweak the permissions to let non-root users run it (something like
sudo chmod g+x bconsole, sudo chgrp somegroup bconsole). You may also need to
modify the permissions of bconsole.conf so the same group can read it.

You don't want to make the config file world-readable as that would let anybody
manage your Bacula director, including restore potentially sensitive backup
data.

Regards,
Ben Roberts

This email and any files transmitted with it contain confidential and
proprietary information and is solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient please return the email to the sender and
delete it from your computer and you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy,
print or rely on this email or its contents.  This communication is for
informational purposes only.  It is not intended as an offer or solicitation
for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official
confirmation of any transaction.   Any comments or statements made herein do
not necessarily reflect those of GSA Capital. GSA Capital Partners LLP is
authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is registered
in England and Wales at Stratton House, 5 Stratton Street, London W1J 8LA,
number OC309261. GSA Capital Services Limited is registered in England and
Wales at the same address, number 5320529.