Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Baculum probelm with bconsole

2014-06-12 15:08:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Baculum probelm with bconsole
From: Marcin Haba <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Roberts, Ben" <Ben.Roberts AT gsacapital DOT com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 21:05:58 +0200
>> Has nobody had this problem?
>> Or did anyone succeed in compiling baculum on Centos 6.5?
>> If so I would like to know what I am missing to get this running.
>
> I had a similar problem with webacula. By default my bconsole binary had
> something like 744 permissions so only root (the owner) could execute it. You
> may need to tweak the permissions to let non-root users run it (something
> like sudo chmod g+x bconsole, sudo chgrp somegroup bconsole). You may also
> need to modify the permissions of bconsole.conf so the same group can read it.
>
> You don't want to make the config file world-readable as that would let
> anybody manage your Bacula director, including restore potentially sensitive
> backup data.
>
> Regards,
> Ben Roberts
>

> This email and any files transmitted with it contain confidential and
> proprietary information and is solely for the use of the intended recipient.
> If you are not the intended recipient please return the email to the sender
> and delete it from your computer and you must not use, disclose, distribute,
> copy, print or rely on this email or its contents.  This communication is for
> informational purposes only.  It is not intended as an offer or solicitation
> for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official
> confirmation of any transaction.   Any comments or statements made herein do
> not necessarily reflect those of GSA Capital. GSA Capital Partners LLP is
> authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is registered
> in England and Wales at Stratton House, 5 Stratton Street, London W1J 8LA,
> number OC309261. GSA Capital Services Limited is registered in England and
> Wales at the same address, number 5320529.

Hello,

In case using sudo with Baculum there is nothing to do with bconsole
privileges. There is only need to define in sudoers a proper access
definition for web server user to bconsole binary file. Next there is
need to inform Baculum about using sudo access by mark checkbox in
configuration wizard.

In case of using access to bconsole without sudo there is need to set
possibility executing bconsole binary by web server user and set
permission to read bconsole.conf configuration file by web server
user.

Best regards.
Marcin

--
"Większej miłości nikt nie ma nad tę, jak gdy kto życie swoje kładzie
za przyjaciół swoich." Jezus Chrystus