Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Baculum probelm with bconsole

2014-06-12 14:27:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Baculum probelm with bconsole
From: Marcin Haba <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 20:21:11 +0200
> Hi all,
>
> When upgrading from 5.1.23 to 7.0.4 I saw that bweb was no longer supplied as
> a gui. Instead baculum was introducted. When installing this webpage I ran
> across an issue I am not able to tackle.
>
> During the installation wizard, the path to bconsole and the config file are
> asked.
> I cannot get this to work. The paths are correct. The button sudo does not
> seem to do anything.
>
> I modified /etc/sudoers to reflect the changes from the INSTALL file. In all
> cases I get an error.
> Logfiles from the webserver give :
> =====
> sh: /usr/sbin/bconsole: Permission denied
> sh: /usr/sbin/bconsole: Permission denied
> sh: line 3: warning: here-document at line 0 delimited by end-of-file (wanted
> `END_OF_DATA')
> sh: /usr/sbin/bconsole: Permission denied
> =====
>
> If I execute sudo -u apache bconsole it will return :
> =====
> sudo: unable to execute /usr/sbin/bconsole: Permission denied
> =====
>
> However if I make apache able to login and then login to a prompt and type
> sudo bconsole, it works.
>
> System info :
> CentOS 6.5 64 bit.
> SElinux disabled
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Hello,

Yes, you are right about sudo button. I found reason for this in code.
It is bug and will be fixed in next release.

Please try patch that I attached to this message. With the patch you
will be able to validate sudo working with bconsole by "Bconsole
connection tests" button.

Please also make sure that your Apache server works with "apache" user
and that you have added next line to sudoers file:

apache ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/sbin/bconsole

Best regards.
Marcin

--
"Większej miłości nikt nie ma nad tę, jak gdy kto życie swoje kładzie
za przyjaciół swoich." Jezus Chrystus