Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] When does bacula use multiple tape drives

2014-03-31 12:06:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] When does bacula use multiple tape drives
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Luc Van der Veken <lucvdv AT wimionline DOT com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:03:01 -0400
On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Luc Van der Veken
<lucvdv AT wimionline DOT com> wrote:
>> From: John Drescher [mailto:drescherjm AT gmail DOT com]
>
>> This is possible to have job writing at the same time to the same
>> volume loaded in the same bacula storage device. In this case bacula
>> will interleave the data.
>
> Hi John,
>
> Does that apply to file storage as well, or only tape?

Yes any volume type.

> I've been trying to get it to do that on a file store, but jobs kept getting
> on hold "waiting for storage".
> Maybe I overlooked a maximum connections setting somewhere?

It could be that.

Also with file storage remember that only 1 volume can be loaded in a
storage device at a time. Yes even with file based volumes. If you
want to load more than 1 volume at a time you need more than 1 storage
device.

In that case (I think) it must be one that isn't used in the default
configuration files.
> Or does the interleave size or a spool buffer have to be set explicitly
> before it will work?

No you do not have to spool data with file based volumes. Although I
still recommend spooling attributes.

John