Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] When does bacula use multiple tape drives

2014-03-31 09:03:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] When does bacula use multiple tape drives
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 09:59:33 -0300
Hi Randall,

Have you tried the "Prefer Mounted Volumes = no" option? If you want bacula to write to volumes that are in the same pool, you should configure this option. This way bacula will detect that your first drive is in use and it will mount and you a tape on the second one. It is recommended that you configure your jobs to write to volumes in different pools to avoid deadlock situations by the storage daemon. If you configure your jobs to write to volumes in different pools, the Prefer Mounted Volumes is not necessary.

And it is not possible that more than 1 job writes to the same tape.

Regards,
Ana