Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to prevent large files from being backed up?

2013-08-21 06:37:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to prevent large files from being backed up?
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:32:00 +0100

> Now, the above is a bit of a brute-force solution.  I have not
> personally tried this refinement, but I see no reason it should not
> ALSO be possible to create a static fileset with a dynamically
> generated exclude list, something like this.
>
> FileSet {
>   Name = "Dynamic Exclude Set"
>   Include {
>      Options {
>         signature = SHA1
>         File      = "|sh -c 'find /home -size +10G'"
>         Exclude   = yes
>      }
>      File = /
>      File = /home
>      File = /var
>   }
> }
>
> This example should result in automatically excluding any file 10GB or
> larger located anywhere under /home.

Unfortunately you can't put File inside the Options clause, so that can't be
used to generate a dynamic exclude list.

You can however add it to an exclude clause like this:

  Exclude {
    File = "|sh -c 'find /home -size +10G'"
  }

That will work as long as none of the wild or regex patterns in the options
clauses match the excluded files (unless they are also using Exclude=yes).

__Martin