Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fedora 16 - RHEL 5/6 Bacula RPM repository

2011-12-17 10:14:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fedora 16 - RHEL 5/6 Bacula RPM repository
From: Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 16:10:01 +0100
Op 20111215 om 16:40 schreef Joseph L. Casale:
> >It is not a requirement but a recommendation inside the Fedora
> >packaging guidelines:
>
> Right:) Not EL requirements.
>
> >I could try to remove that and put standard useradd / userdel
> >commands, but I need to assess the change with the other Bacula
> >mantainers and good reasons to do so.
> >Is there any particular requirement on why you would like to avoid
> >using fedora-usermgmt?
>
> Mainly for the reason that as an EL shop, its a tough sale to 'suggest'
> as we haven't ever used those packages, now we should. I'd be pretty
> surprised if any el shop uses any fedora packages even if it is only
> wrappers like these.

We are talking about
} } /usr/sbin/fedora-groupadd 33 -r bacula &>/dev/null || :
} } /usr/sbin/fedora-useradd  33 -r -s /sbin/nologin -d /var/spool/bacula -M \
} }         -c 'Bacula Backup System' -g bacula bacula &>/dev/null || :
} }
} } It is used to create predictable user / group assignment + some other
} } features like logging, etc.

I'm sure of it is a pratical joke or a time bomb.
The information I miss, is where id 33 is reserved / claimed / registered.

Any package could do
  /usr/sbin/fedora-groupadd 33 -r anotherpackagename &>/dev/null || :

So at which central place are user id and group ids
for packages documented?

Groeten
Geert Stappers
Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011