Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fedora 16 - RHEL 5/6 Bacula RPM repository

2011-12-14 04:24:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fedora 16 - RHEL 5/6 Bacula RPM repository
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:22:29 +0200
On 06.12.2011 18:06, Simone Caronni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the company I was working for has been a Bacula customer for some
> years and went through many iterations with the Bacula developer
> themselves to fix and change the Enterprise Edition behaviour when we
> moved away from the Community Version. Their support was awesome.
>
> Now I've changed job and I've been recently accepted as Bacula
> co-mantainer in Fedora. I've given a spin to the current Bacula
> packages in rawhide and rebuilt them for RHEL 5/6 and Fedora 16.
> So far, compared to the last packages in Fedora (5.0.3) this is what
> is implemented:
>
> - Nagios plugin.
> - Removal of bwxconsole, gnome-console and tray-monitor.
> - Removal of sqlite2.
> - Added html docs.
> - Reduced the number of patches.
> - Made "bat" compile only on platforms that provide QT >= 4.6.2 (this
> and systemd are the "ifs" for building on all releases).
> - Enablement of bpipe-fd.so.
> - Converged all the storage backends thanks to the work introduced in 5.2.
> - Fix some file layout and dependency by moving files between packages.
> - POSIX.1e capabilities.
> - Enablement of libtool.
>
> Right now I'm still doing some cleanup. The next things I would like
> to implement are:
>
> - QT tray monitor packaging.
> - Additional cleanup (i.e. the nagios plugin needs only a library, not
> all bacula-common files, commands and directories).
> - Provide a simple but still secure configuration by default.
> - Fix all the logging by putting /var/log/bacula where appropriate.
>
> I'm hosting the repository at:
>
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula/
>
> The following architectures are supported:
>
> RHEL5/ppc
> RHEL5/x86_64
> RHEL5/i386
> RHEL6/ppc64
> RHEL6/x86_64
> RHEL6/i386
> Fedora-16/i386
> Fedora-16/x86_64
>
> I'm happy to address all the package issues people might encounter and
> I'm available to ideas or constructive criticism regarding choices or
> features missing.
> When I will get enough feedback that the approach used inside the
> package is right I will try to see if some patches could be integrated
> in the base code by pushing them to the bacula-devel mailing list.
>
> Thanks & regards,
> --Simone

Hi Simone!

First of all, thank you for the repository!

I'm trying to use epel-5 repository on Centos 5.2, but I get this error:
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula/epel-5/i386/repodata/2472fc8e3db92dc60426193ee172a9e6c7c0d6619f980d1ed5f16d79cc10b48a-primary.sqlite.gz:

[Errno -3] Error performing checksum

I am not an über yum master, but googling about it turned out something
about the checksum algorithm. Is there something I can do in my server?

--
Silver