Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Noob user impressions and why I chose not to use Bacula

2011-12-05 13:50:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Noob user impressions and why I chose not to use Bacula
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:48:40 -0500
On 12/05/11 10:58, Pablo Marques wrote:
> Thanks you Jesse for the feedback.
>
> Regarding the disaster recovery, I have a suggestion for the bacula
> team:
>
> Why not make the director write the bacula config files and any
> relevant bsr files at the beginning of each tape? The space wasted on
> the tape to save these file would be very small.

Well, the first problem here is that the Director would have to know how
much space it was going to need for BSR files.  Of course, it could
pre-allocate a fixed-size block of, say, 1MB for BSR files.

The second problem, it seems to me, is that this would break
compatibility with all older Bacula volumes and installations.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.