Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Noob user impressions and why I chose not to use Bacula

2011-12-05 02:43:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Noob user impressions and why I chose not to use Bacula
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 08:42:03 +0100
On 12/05/2011 03:39 AM, Jesse Molina wrote:

> Hi
>
> Recently I was looking for new backup app for my small network.  Here's
> my story and why I decided that Bacula was not a good choice for me.
>
> I am not a long time user, so opinions and views may not be shared by
> others, but they are true none the less.  You can only be a noob once
> and I hope this criticism can he constructive and helpful.
>
> I am not looking for any response from any users.  You don't need to
> defend Bacula from some noob with a questionable opinion.
>
> Note that some of my notes below were jotted down in haste during
> testing Bacula and some of my comments might be rather harsh or vulgar.
>   I'm not trying to troll or bash, and I hope these comments can be used
> to improve Bacula, and maybe I will get to use it again some day and it
> will be a better product.
>
> I tried to throw all of these notes into a coherent whole, but I'm sure
> some of it will come off as being out of order to not making any sense.
>
> --
[snip..]

Thanks Jesse for sharing this testimony.

Sometimes like a punch in the mouth, especially a Monday morning with the
first coffee. :-)

Some important points revealed.

To respect your wishes about no answer or comment, I will shut up
And this is hard, just prove me how much I like bacula :-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Ambassador