Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Optimized mysql settings for CentOS 6 64bit

2011-10-05 15:56:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Optimized mysql settings for CentOS 6 64bit
From: Ben Walton <bwalton AT artsci.utoronto DOT ca>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 15:54:38 -0400
Excerpts from Phil Stracchino's message of Wed Oct 05 15:26:06 -0400 2011:

> I've been trying, but have yet to succeed.  I think it would
> probably be a lot simpler if Solaris 10 came in all-32-bit and
> all-64-bit flavors, instead of the hybrid mixture of 32-bit and
> 64-bit it is at present.  I'd hoped it would be easier using Sun
> Studio, but if anything it was harder.

What mysql are you building against?  The included one?  More to the
point, which compiler was it built with?  The my-config program
should tell you.  If you try to build things with sun studio and the
build system uses values obtained from things like my-config, where
mysql was built with gcc), you'll often times get incompatible flags
passed in to the compiler you're using.

I'd take a peek at what the code in configure does when handling
--with-mysql to get a sense of where possible stumbling blocks might
be in this area.

Thanks
-Ben
--