Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Optimized mysql settings for CentOS 6 64bit

2011-10-05 15:27:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Optimized mysql settings for CentOS 6 64bit
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 15:26:06 -0400
On 10/05/11 15:14, Ben Walton wrote:
> Excerpts from Phil Stracchino's message of Wed Oct 05 14:51:57 -0400 2011:
>
> Hi Phil,
>
>> Side note: It was unreasonably difficult to get it built correctly
>> on Solaris 10.  I couldn't get a working 64-bit build at all, either
>> with gcc or with Sun Studio, and the only way I could get a
>> correctly linked 32-bit bacula-dir was to temporarily chmod the
>> MySQL 64-bit lib directory 000.  I'm reasonably certain this wasn't
>> Bacula's fault.
>
> It's likely relying on values supplied by my-config (or whatever it's
> called) and then adding -I, -L and -R flags to your build to match the
> requirements mysql thinks it needs...I forget (or maybe never looked)
> if bacula uses --with-mysql=/path/to/my-config or just
> --with-mysql=/some/prefix (expecting bin/my-config inside
> /some/prefix).

It uses --with-mysql=dir, and I also specifically added
-L/opt/mysql/mysql32/lib -R/opt/mysql/mysql32/lib.

> I've yet to attempt a 64-bit bacula build on Solaris.

I've been trying, but have yet to succeed.  I think it would probably be
a lot simpler if Solaris 10 came in all-32-bit and all-64-bit flavors,
instead of the hybrid mixture of 32-bit and 64-bit it is at present.
I'd hoped it would be easier using Sun Studio, but if anything it was
harder.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.