Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Optimized mysql settings for CentOS 6 64bit

2011-10-05 15:16:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Optimized mysql settings for CentOS 6 64bit
From: Ben Walton <bwalton AT artsci.utoronto DOT ca>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 15:14:46 -0400
Excerpts from Phil Stracchino's message of Wed Oct 05 14:51:57 -0400 2011:

Hi Phil,

> Side note: It was unreasonably difficult to get it built correctly
> on Solaris 10.  I couldn't get a working 64-bit build at all, either
> with gcc or with Sun Studio, and the only way I could get a
> correctly linked 32-bit bacula-dir was to temporarily chmod the
> MySQL 64-bit lib directory 000.  I'm reasonably certain this wasn't
> Bacula's fault.

It's likely relying on values supplied by my-config (or whatever it's
called) and then adding -I, -L and -R flags to your build to match the
requirements mysql thinks it needs...I forget (or maybe never looked)
if bacula uses --with-mysql=/path/to/my-config or just
--with-mysql=/some/prefix (expecting bin/my-config inside
/some/prefix).

I've built several things against postgres on a system where both 32
and 64-bit postgres libraries were available.  I typically end up
doing --with-postgres=/path/to/32-bit/pg_config.

I've yet to attempt a 64-bit bacula build on Solaris.

HTH.
-Ben
--
Ben Walton